Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fuzzy Bear

Katelee's kindergarten class has a cute assignment where the students take turns bringing home Fuzzy the Bear. They get to do things with the bear throughout the weekend, and then they are asked to write a journal entry in Fuzzy's book of what they did with Fuzzy and include pictures. Also, they get to tell the class about it when the bring Fuzzy back on Monday.

The teacher drew names out of a hat to decide who got to take Fuzzy home first, and Katelee was it! (I was very glad for this, because honestly I think bringing home a stuffed animal that has been who-knows-where is extremely disgusting. I know, I'm a germ-phobe! But I was told that Fuzzy had a good bath over the summer and I felt relief that Fuzzy got to come to our home first. Otherwise, he might have been getting a mid-year bath at our house, too.)

Here is the photo collage that Katelee pasted into the journal.
And here is the journal entry she wrote. I think her handwriting is so precious at this stage of life!!



DeAR KiNdies,

I took Fuzzy To THe libRARY, the STORe, A RestAuRANt, ANd To eAt ice cReAm.

LOVE,

Katelee

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I love seeing all the updates of your family. Katelee is so old! I'm going to try and copy some of your hairstyles if I can get Emma to hold still long enough. We're thinking of moving to Colorado. Not anytime soon though. Do you guys like it? Where do you live? How is the church? And the schools? I need to get your email! Mine is KariHurst@gmail.com. Glad things are well for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I know our kids have the same sort of thing and the first thing that ALWAYS happens is the stuffed animal gets a bath in the washing machine!

    ReplyDelete