Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lights Out!

Tonight as soon as piano lessons were done we left for a family walk/jog.

We came home to find our
POWER OUT.

At first I was pretty bummed.

Our plans for the evening had included warming up leftover lasagna and watching Glee. Neither of these options was possible without electricity.

So, we found our flashlights and lit some candles and ended up having a candle-light dinner of cold cereal. We told spooky stories while eating, and while they weren't really very spooky, Katelee sat on daddy's lap just in case.

Then we got out the classic board game Clue, and played with the help of our flashlights and candles. Gerald and Katelee were on one team, me on another. They won, which is officially the first time Gerald has beat me at that game! ;)

Then we cuddled up for story time. Right as we were putting Katelee to bed, the lights all came back on. I admit: I was a bit disappointed. The evening had turned out to be so much fun, and we had used our time even better than we probably would have otherwise, I was sad to see it end.

I am grateful for those little moments that force us out of our routine and help us take advantage of the most
important things in life.

2 comments:

  1. personally, I don't think you missed much watching Glee. Definitely not one of my favorite episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fun! I started to watch Glee this morning on hulu and found it to be too offensive, I turned it off after 2 minutes...so yeah, not much missed.

    ReplyDelete