Thursday, October 7, 2010

Katelee's Room Decor

I've been meaning to decorate Katelee's bedroom with some new pictures since we before we moved to Colorado. It never happened in our old apartment. Then we moved to our new apartment at the beginning of August, and I didn't get around to hanging anything on the walls for a long time. Last weekend Gerald's parents came to visit, and that was the perfect motivation for me to get in gear and put Katelee's room together! (Nothing like a mother-in-law visit to motivate you to make your house clean and cute, right? ) Ha ha! :) So, here is an around-the-room tour of Katelee's new and improved bedroom. (You really don't have to look at all these pictures . . . they're mostly for my parents and sisters!)

When you first walk into the room, the closet doors are directly to your right. Next to those we have her flower-pegs, the same ones she's had since before birth.
Now, this is the newest part that I'm pretty proud of. Let's take a closer look:Didn't these new picture frames turn out pretty cute? I love them. Gerald cute them out of the leftover beadboard we had from her bed. I added the pictures and ribbons, and I really love how they turned out. Overall cost of this project: about $7. I really want to put a family picture in that bottom left-hand frame, but I can't afford to print one yet.
Okay, back to our tour:


Those are the same curtains my mom helped me make last March. These are not great pictures of them, but I really love these curtains and how they brighten up Katelee's room!

And that's the end of our tour! I know, it's nothing too special. I spent almost no money. But compared to what it was before (white walls of nothingness) I think it's a huge improvement. I justified my procrastination by telling myself that Katelee is only four and doesn't care about her room decor. That is so not true. I did this as a surprise for her when she was at school. When she came home and saw it she was SO EXCITED! And she is still commenting on it and talking about it. She loves the way her room looks, and that makes me feel happy. And a bit guilty for not doing it sooner. ;) It definitely affects the way she feels about her space, and I'm glad she loves it!

2 comments:

  1. Katelee's room looks so cute. I really need to do this for my kids. I love the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute bedroom Jenn. You are soo awesome!

    ReplyDelete