Friday, March 26, 2010

Curtains for Katelee

I've been wanting to decorate Katelee's room for awhile, but haven't been able to make up my mind exactly which direction I wanted to go. However, I wanted to make her curtains while my mom was here. So, earlier this week my mom and I had a lot of fun going to the fabric store store to choose material. I LOVE shopping at the fabric store. It just makes me happy.

Here are how the curtains turned out; Katelee really likes having them up in her room and I love the color they add to the space:
I'm happy with how well they matched her bedding and I especially love the sparkles in the green fabric. Can you see the sparkles?

Now that I've finally put up some curtains, it's time to tackle the wall decorations. So, calling all my crafty and creative friends: What would you do with this wall?
Supplies I already have on hand: a lot of leftover white bead board from Katelee's bed, some extra fabric from the curtains, ribbon, paper, paint . . . and I'm willing to spend a small amount of money. Any brilliant ideas?

1 comment:

  1. You know, you could do a huge green tree in vinyl (see etsy for inspiration) and then use something cute like pink clothespins or something that Katelee could hang up pictures or artwork or whatever in the tree. That could be fun.

    ReplyDelete