Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day is a weird holiday for me. I don't decorate for it. We don't really talk about it coming up. Usually, I (hopefully!) remember the morning of to put on green clothes and maybe die some food green. :)

This year, as is becoming our tradition, I made our usual green eggs and ham for breakfast.
Katelee did not eat any. Neither did my parents. We tried to encourage my mom to try them, with persuasive arguments such as "Would you eat them in a box?" or "Would you eat them with a fox?" She said she did not like green eggs and ham, so I guess there were more for Gerald, Tyler, Taylor and I.

As a result of my somewhat misguided traditions, we spend more time on St. Patrick's day talking about Dr. Suess and Sam-I-Am than about St. Patrick or leprechauns. I'm not sure Katelee even knows about leprechauns!

I've heard some fun traditions today from music class students, such as leprechauns who clean up bedrooms or dye the milk green... Do you have any fun traditions? What do you do with your kids on St. Patrick's Day?

Please share! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jake made a Leperchan trap...and the Leperchan barely got away, dropping some of his money getting out of the trap...and leaving a note stating how "lucky" he was to not get caught by Jake. Jake thought it was pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete