Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Good-byes

My parents left yesterday and returned home, almost exactly nine weeks to the day after arriving here in Denver. We are really going to miss them! I will miss having someone around all the time to help with Katelee and household chores. With Gerald's busy schedule, I already feel lonelier and miss having adults to talk with. Katelee will miss having someone to show-off for all the time and being spoiled rotten constantly. :) We really did enjoy having them here.

Several of you have asked about my dad's health: the disease is attacking the new kidney pretty aggressively, but the doctors have done their best to slow it down. Now there are not very many other options left to try; it's uncertain just how much time he has until he'll need regular dialysis again. But for now, things are fairly well and he has a good attitude about the situation.

Before they left, we had a little surprise birthday party for my dad, who's birthday is this upcoming weekend. We got him a german chocolate cake, his favorite. (I didn't have time to make it due to the very short notice of their leaving.) When we got the cake out that night, Katelee pointed to the coconut portion of the frosting and announced, "I don't want any of the German, I only want the chocolate." Ha ha ha ha!
This picture isn't very good, but it's the only one I got of him blowing out the candles.
My wonderful parents.
Katelee took this picture - pretty good, girl!
The girls.
Katelee truly loves her grandparents.
We miss you already, mom and dad! We are glad for you that you are finally safely back home and can sleep in your own bed. ;) Thank you for your support and love and all the fun we had while you were here. You can come stay with us anytime! We hope to see you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. We love your mom and dad. We will continue to keep them in our prayers and hope that things turn out okay. I am glad you got to see them for so long even though they had to leave and that stinks!

    ReplyDelete