Friday, August 5, 2011

A Great Day

This post is a few weeks late, but I figure better late then never, right? A couple of weeks ago, on a Wednesday, I decided to not worry about any of my usual household duties and instead spend the whole day with Katelee and Kassandra. I got up early and got ready so that I wouldn't have to do that while they waited. Kassandra arrives pretty early, so I was ready and waiting when she got here. I made the girls a yummy french-toast breakfast. Then we decided to play a game of Life, something Kassandra has been wanting to do all summer. After playing Life (the girls beat me!), we painted our toenails. We looked cute!
Then we made some jewelry together. Next, we baked little mini cakes. I had each girl think of one person they really wanted to give their cake to. Then I let them frost and decorate with fondant their little cake however they wanted to.



They both did an awesome job! It was really fun!

We met up with some friends at McDonald's next, where the girls had a great time playing. Then we delivered our little cakes to our friends. It was time for Kassandra's mom to come and Katelee to take her nap and my piano lessons to begin, so that was the end of our great day.

But it WAS great while it lasted.

I know that I can't do this all the time - spend the entire day playing with the kids - but every now and then it's just really, really good for me. Katelee LOVES it when I spend time with her like that. And I guess there's always another day to catch up on the laundry and emails and dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment