Sunday, August 21, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

First of all, I just want to say thank you to you good friends who took the time to offer me advice and support in regards to my last post. Things are going MUCH better for Katelee in kindergarten. We made it through last week and this week has been so much happier! She has been eager to go to school again; I think it just took a little adjusting time. In fact, today we were discussing taking another camping trip, and Katelee said, "No! I don't want to go camping!" When we asked her why not (she loves camping) she responded with, "I don't want to miss any school!" We weren't planning on missing school for our camping trip, but we took this as a really good sign that she is adjusting and the sadness of last week is over for good. :)

We recently had a couple fun events that I need to blog about. First of all, last Friday night our ward went to the Colorado Rockies game. On the way there, I taught Katelee the song, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" which she continues to sing everyday in the cutest way! It is my favorite song she sings right now. We had a lot of fun at the game, even though it rained on us, and the Rockies sadly lost. We rode the train downtown and enjoyed watching the game and being with friends. We are looking forward to going to another game soon!
Last Saturday, we joined our Families Supporting Adoption friends to march in a local parade. FSA joins in the parade each year in an effort to spread the good news of adoption. :) Here are some of us, getting lined up for the parade.
We enjoyed decorating Katelee's bike for the event. ;)
Tossing candy to the kids watching the parade was the best part of the experience.
Except maybe the fact that we were lined up right behind the clowns. Katelee LOVED that, and enjoyed going up to talk to the clowns whenever we had downtime. :)
After the parade, we all met at a nearby park for a picnic lunch and had a good time visiting. I really needed these few hours to focus on adoption and help show others how wonderful a thing it is. This is why I love FSA; it is such an emotional support to me as I try to stay patient while we wait to adopt. As we sat and talked, I got to see some families who have been blessed by adoption and see their beautiful children, hear other people's stories, offer mutual support to other couples who are waiting to adopt, and just overall form stronger friendships. FSA is definitely a blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment