Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Piano Recital

Our Fall Piano Recital was held on October 8, and I think it was one of the best recitals I have had yet! We had a Halloween/Fall theme; every student played a song related to the theme. The music was great, everyone played their best, and we had a great night. The kids were given the choice to dress up in costume or wear their Sunday best. It was fun to see so many in costumes! A Halloween piano recital just might have to become a tradition ...

Katelee wore her Cinderella dress-up to the recital. (Her real Halloween costume hadn't arrived in the mail yet.) She played the song Costume Party and did a fantastic job. She is really getting good at the piano!
Gerald forgot to videotape her song, but trust us - it was fabulous.

I wore a witches' hat, which the students thought was funny. Unfortunately, I only wore it for about the first 10 minutes of the recital because a little Cinderella stole it and wouldn't give it back.

I played Bach's Toccata in D Minor. LOVE playing that song!
The night ended with refreshments. I made a variety of 'autumn' cookies including pumpkin chocolate chip, spicy molasses, and butterscotch toffee cookies. What a fun night! I love recitals, and I love autumn and Halloween - so this was a really fun combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment