Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mom's 50th Birthday

Last weekend was my amazing mom's 50th birthday!

Last year, my dad sent each of us kids an email:
"This Saturday mom and I are going to a play in Cedar city for her Birthday "Greater Tuna" at 2:00 PM so we are inviting ya all to dinner About 4:30 Utah time MY treat let me know if if you can come>>>>>Jenn & Britt I know just thought i put it out there maybe on her big 50 next year."

Britt & I weren't able to make it last year (we both live too far away), but we made extra sure that we were ALL there this year. And it was a wonderful weekend! We like to make a big deal out of birthdays, and we tried to make this one extra special!

The kids had a sleepover in grandma's room the first night we were all there. It was mostly play and a little sleep. ;)

A few pictures of the grand kids. I have adorable nieces and nephews. Just wish I could see them more often!
We got to meet baby Trey for the first time. He is ADORABLE! We all loved holding him.
My mom wanted to go out to dinner. So, while the grown-ups went to dinner for grandma's birthday, the kids and the babysitter all decorated the house as a surprise for grandma! There were streamers, confetti, 50 balloons, banners, and more! What fun! Mom was very surprised!
We also surprised her by putting out her gifts, a dozen roses, and a yummy cake! She knew about the top layer of the cake - she requested German chocolate cake - but she didn't know about the bottom layer. We made it as a surprise for her and it shows details from her life and/or things that describe her. There are more up close pics of the cake here.
And we gave her some special gifts. When my dad turned 50, we made him a book titled "50 Memories of our Dad." We made my mom a matching one. Also, we bought her a Charmed Memories bracelet from Kay Jewelers. Melissa told us about these bracelets, and they are really cool! It's something we can add to over time. I think she really loved it.
Great Gandma & Grandpa Klingler came by to celebrate, too.
After dinner, presents, and cake, we had a Wii Dance Dance Revolution tournament! Brittany made a tournament board complete with a winner and loser bracket, and we had a really fun time laughing at each other and dancing. It was pretty hilarious! Guess who was the #1 winner ? That's right - ME! :) Woo Hoo! Guess I have bragging rights, at least until the next tournament - ha ha!

What a wonderful weekend; we loved being together, celebrating my mom, and having fun. We have an amazing family, and we feel so grateful for the blessings of a close family and lots of love and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment