Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Busy as Usual

Life has been busy as usual around here lately!

We've been busy getting the house ready for a newborn! I've been in full-force nesting mode, and have deep cleaned every drawer, cupboard and shelf in the house. My oven and fridge are shinier than ever and things are in order. It feels good. :)

We've set up the crib and bassinet and are loving the tangible reminders that we are having a BABY!!! (Squeal!) I have imagined saying that thousands - millions - of times, and am beyond excited that the time is almost here and he could be born any day! To see pictures of the baby's space, check out our adoption blog here.

Yesterday I taught my last piano lesson for the year. Until 2012, I get a much-needed break to simply enjoy my family. Today was a happy day! Katelee and I had a wonderful day together, spending much of it out in the warm sunshine (63 gorgeous degrees!) and enjoying a more flexible schedule than usual with no school or piano lessons.

It's been an emotional 6 weeks. Having now experienced both ways, I can report that it is a FACT that an adopting parent goes through all the same emotions as a pregnant parent - maybe even a bit more! I have had some intense feelings over the past several weeks, and in some ways this has been one of the most tortuous things I have ever been through. On the other hand, it has also been one of the most marvelous things I have ever been through. Today has been a day of wonderful conversations (including a great talk with A. (the birthmom) and her mother this morning) and a day of freedom and sunshine, I am happy to report that the emotion of the day is pure JOY and GRATITUDE.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow, and I wish you all a joyful and thankful Thanksgiving Day!

3 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed that this was happening. I'm elated for you. We'll keep your family and his birth family in our prayers. Sending lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you...let us know when he arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys. You are and will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete