Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Busy Bottling

Over the past couple of months, I've been bottling fruit. I love this time of year, and I honestly love bottling food. This year, I did more than I ever have in such a short time period, but it was so rewarding, and even fun because I got to spend time with my friend Sarah, who is my new canning buddy! Also, my sis-in-law Bonnie and I did some applesauce together. Here is the stash that is now on my pantry shelves:
  • 28 quarts of peaches
  • 12 pints of strawberry jam (plus 7 more that didn't set up. Boo!)
  • 6 pints of peach jam (Thanks to Sarah's help!)
  • 14 quarts of pears
  • 25 quarts applesauce
I also have a bushel of apples in my fridge that I intended to turn into bottled apple pie filling, but with the baby coming and so much else on my mind, I think my bottling efforts are over for this year. So now my family is on a strict 'eat-at-least-2-apples-a-day' diet; hopefully we can eat those apples up before they go bad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment