Sunday, July 17, 2011

Visit from My Mom

My mom came to visit for a week this summer. We had SO MUCH FUN with her in town!

Day 1 - Tuesday, we relaxed, talked, and hung out at the pool.

Day 2 - My mom had some shopping to do, so we hit the malls on Wednesday. Grandma bought Katelee a pink feather boa at the mall, and Katelee LOVES it. I bought her some goggles while we were out, as well, and Katelee had a fashion shoot when we got home.

Grandma also brought Katelee a new Minnie Mouse toy from Disneyland. (Mom got to go with her school in May!) Katelee dressed her Minnie and herself to match. We thought that was pretty funny!
Notice the matching glasses, purse, phone and boa.
Day 3 - Thursday we decided to go for a hike. We drove to a trail that also had a little nature museum to look at and a beautiful old mansion to explore. We saw this friendly deer.
And some giant dandelions.I'll need a deep breath to blow this one!
Katelee enjoyed gathering rocks, feathers, twigs and pinecones.Thursday evening, we went to see Cars 2, which we all LOVED! I guess the hike wore Katelee out, however, because the last few minutes of the movie she curled up and started to fall asleep.
Day 4 - Friday morning we decided to try the Denver Botanical Gardens at Chatswood. Gerald has been to the Denver Botanical Gardens (downtown) and says they are amazing! We had a coupon for free admission to the gardens at Chatswood, which also happens to be much closer to home, so we thought we'd try them out. We had a good time, but don't be fooled - these are NOT botanical gardens. :) It was more like a farm. Still, we had fun.
Katelee & Kassandra in the kids' tree house.
I love this view of the red barn and stone silo. I told the girls that it looks like Rapunzel's tower. :)
The wildflowers were pretty.
My mom and me.
One of the farm houses had beehives in it. That small hole is where the bees flew in and out.
Here's the beehive from the inside. Very cool.
Some pretty flowers.
Friday afternoon brought more swimming at the pool, and Friday evening we joined Uncle Scott, Aunt Darla, and Brianna for a fun dinner. They were in town for softball games!

Day 5 - Saturday we went to the temple with my mom. We took pictures, but my camera batteries died, and so they are all on mom's camera. Mom - I need to get those from you! :) I hope to post some pictures soon. We also went to the craft store and enjoyed playing games that night. We taught my mom how to play Carcassone, and she loved it as much as we do! We played it twice, actually.

Day 6 - Sunday. This was actually quite a busy day considering that we went to Geoff and Bonnie's baby blessing (which was very sweet!) and our full block of church. We enjoyed a yummy dinner and another beautiful evening at the temple grounds, where we went to take some pictures.

The last day my mom was in town was Monday, the 4th of July, which I've already posted all about.

And that was our fun, wonderful week with my mom! We miss her already; a week just isn't long enough! We already have a list of things we want to do the next time she's in town, as we just couldn't fit everything in. We love you mom! Thanks for being such an amazing mom and grandma!

1 comment:

  1. You and your mom are both so beautiful! What a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete