Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sick Day & Shape Search

Katelee stayed home from school sick yesterday.

Will you think I'm a horrible mom if I admit that I kinda love it when she is sick?

Of course, I don't want to see her not feel well and if she is truly suffering then it's horrible. But I love it when she is just sick enough to want to be cuddly and spend time with me, and I love when we don't have to go anywhere but can just cancel everything and be together.

Yesterday was one of those days. She was sick throughout the night and was definitely not well enough to attend school, but she was feeling better enough by morning to enjoy having a day at home with mom. I cancelled music class, and we cuddled up and watched a movie together. (Mars Needs Moms, a fun movie we recommend!) Then we found other quiet day activities to do together. One of those activities was that we went on a shape search. We tried to find all the basic shapes in our home and then take pictures of them. Katelee was the leader of this activity. I took pictures of items only if she told me to, and she took many of the pictures herself. Here are some of the best ones we found. :)

triangle
triangle ?

polygon
Katelee found and named this herself. I was impressed!

hexagons
hee hee!

rectangle

oval

squares

circles

heart

Katelee is all better and off to school today...and I miss her. I'm grateful she's feeling better and that we had a wonderful sick day together yesterday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment