Friday, March 4, 2011

Cake for a Cause!

I sent the following email to friends in the Denver area:

In January, my beloved dad passed away from an aggressive form of kidney disease at the young age of 52. His birthday is coming up on April 2, and so to celebrate his birthday and honor him I am hoping to raise some money to donate to the American Kidney Fund. The American Kidney Fund provides treatment-related financial assistance to dialysis patients nationwide. I have a small cake business and for the next month, starting today and ending April 2, I will donate 100% of any money I make from this business to the American Kidney Fund. So, if you have a special occasion coming up, or just have a sweet tooth, this is a great way to enjoy a yummy treat and make a difference in someone's life.

To view my cake website, please visit: www.CakesByJenn.blogspot.com

To view the American Kidney Fund's website, please visit: www.kidneyfund.org/give-now/

Please help me spread the word! I'm excited about having a chance to do something, no matter how small, to make someone's life a little better and to remember my dad on his birthday. Will you help me out? Pass this info on to anyone you know who lives in my area. Or do you want a treat, too? I've never tried sending a cake or cupcakes through the mail, but it's something we could experiment with! Or do you want to help by making a donation? Even a few dollars could be a help to a family and individual in need of a transplant.

No comments:

Post a Comment