Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daddy's Dues

As I was rereading my post about Katelee's birthday party this morning I realized (to my embarrassment) that there seem to be quite a few pictures of me and none of Gerald. I want to give credit where credit is due, because Katelee needs to know how much her daddy did to make her birthday party special. First of all, Gerald did all the decorating:
This isn't really the greatest picture, but can you see the cool princess 'chandelier' and glittery stars that Gerald hung on the ceiling? It looked pretty awesome. ;) He also bought the helium balloons to put by the front door:
Gerald also did a last minute run to the store for the candles and ice cream I had forgotten. (How do you forget candles and ice cream when you are shopping for a birthday party??)

During the party, Gerald was the photographer (which explains all the pictures of me) and he also did a million things to help the party run smoothly: cleaned up the craft project so we could continue the story, hid the 'dragon eggs' in Katelee's room while we were playing another game, held the limbo stick, helped princesses wash up after eating, kept the list of gifts given, and so much more. I wish I had a good picture of him holding the limbo stick or playing with the girls. But I want Katelee to know that he was there and having fun!

Oh, and speaking of what a great dad Gerald is, he left Katelee this cute note to find the morning of her birthday.
Gerald really is such an amazing person. He's often the one doing all the work in the background without any credit. I admire him so much and love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment