Thursday, December 10, 2009

COLD

Signs that it is simply too cold outside...
  • Gerald's car has refused to start since Monday.  At all.  The poor thing is freezing.
  • Whenever I open the front door, the skin on my face hurts.
  • Our apartment complex sent out notices that we have to keep all our faucets dripping and the cabinet doors underneath sinks open or else we run the risk of having pipes freeze and water being turned off to entire buildings.  Lovely.
  • Whenever I get within 6 feet of a window, I feel an icy blast.  We will have to cover our drafty apartment windows with plastic.
  • Our heater never kicks off.  And we don't have it set that high.
  • Schools have been delayed in the mornings because it's too cold to go outside.
  • Even walking to the mailbox is a huge, bundling up ordeal!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  
So I'll sit here in my sweatshirt, eat my oatmeal, drink my hot cocoa, and dream about July.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment