Friday, May 20, 2011

DANCE RECITAL!

Katelee performed in her first ever dance recital this week. She LOVED it!

Our little dancer, ready to go to the recital!
Beautiful.
Katelee loved that I put a little make-up on her for the performance. She has asked for make-up every day since. :)
Katelee and her sweet teacher, Miss Muffie. Miss Muffie really is amazing! Katelee loves her and can't wait to see her again in the fall.
Some of the little dancers, warming up before dancing.
The girls did six dances for us.

This was the 'costume' for the swan dance.
The class and Miss Muffie
Performing the swan dance


Performing the 'pony dance.' Can you tell they are riding ponies?
The third ballet dance they performed was one where they pretended to be little rag dolls. Very cute.

Ta Da!
Singing in the Rain was my favorite dance!



Katelee prefers tap dance to ballet, though she loves both. I think it's that she loves the sound of the shoes. So do I.
Is my hair wet?
I guess it stopped raining?
The Lollipop Dance
Peek-a-boo
I think that little girls dancing in a dance recital may be the cutest thing in the world!

Miss Muffie gave each girl an "I Heart Dance" visor and a real lollipop. Katelee was thrilled!
Then we gathered for a minute to watch Gene Kelly's fabulous tap number from Singing in the Rain.
So. Fun.
And adorable.

I am really excited to be in the recital/program stage of parenting! I am so proud of Katelee!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Gracie keeps pointing to the little girl in yellow and saying "that's me!"

    ReplyDelete