Monday, May 23, 2011

Ramblings...

You know those little yellow diamond "Baby on Board" signs that people hang in their car windows? I think I need a personalized one that states "Cake on Board." When I deliver a cake, I drive slow. I don't want to have to make any sudden stops, so I slow down EXTRA early. I take curves and turns at an incredibly slow speed. I drive like a blind and nervous old lady. You would too, if you had a precious and fairly fragile cake on board that you had spent HOURS creating. :) The trouble is, other drivers don't know that I'm driving with a tiered cake. They just think I'm annoying. And I don't blame them. Which is why I need a large, bright sign to help them understand. And why I need to be more patient with other drivers when I'm in a hurry. You just never know what they might be transporting. :) By the way, the cake I delivered today was extra cute - take a look at it here.

We recently received the supply list for Katelee's kindergarten next year. So this is my first experience with public school, therefore maybe I'm just clueless. But I was shocked! Her supply list is a full page long and will cost anywhere from $60 - $80, I'm estimating. Really?? Is this normal??

Tomorrow is Katelee's last day of school. I'm sad. And excited. And happy. And a little nervous about keeping her busy this summer. I'd like to take her out on Wednesday for a little fun celebrating the "First Day of Summer." It's raining here. Any great (indoor) ideas from you fun moms out there?

1 comment:

  1. FYI they don't send home lists here for kindergarten. We didn't have to buy a single thing for Wyatt. I think that's crazy that not only do you have a list but that big of one.

    ReplyDelete