Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today I have been spoiled rotten. It's been a wonderful day, a day that has left me so grateful to be a mother. I love being Katelee's mommy. I'm the one she comes to when her Barbie's need a new hairstyle, when she has an ouchie, or when she has a burning question. And I love that. Being a mother is definitely the best job in the world, and I am so, so blessed to be a mother.

The day started out with Katelee playing quietly and letting me sleep late. We enjoyed breakfast together, and Katelee gave me her mother's day gift - a card, a new book, and some chocolates. Gerald and Katelee also cleaned out the car yesterday, and they cleaned off our patio and beautified it with flowers and a new screen. It was a beautiful day outside today, and we spent lots of time out there enjoying the sunshine and warm weather.

We attended church, of course, which was wonderful. After church, Gerald made dinner: grilled steak, mashed potatoes, rolls and green salad - YUM! I felt very spoiled! We ate outside on the patio and enjoyed laughing and talking together. Katelee was so funny today, and has had us laughing since we woke up! We were all cracking up over dinner as she entertained us with her silly version of "Baby Bumblebee."

We also called our mother's and enjoyed talking to each of them. The day ended with Gerald doing the dishes while I enjoyed reading one of my favorite books (Freckle Juice) aloud to Katelee and cuddling with her while she fell asleep.

What a beautiful day it has been. I feel spoiled rotten. And more committed than ever to being the best mom I can possibly be.

Happy Mother's Day to all you women out there!

P.S. Here is a short video of Katelee singing the Bumble Bee song. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my where did little Katie go ? She is so big! I'm glad you had such a good day!

    ReplyDelete