Thursday, January 26, 2012

Decorating for Valentine's Day

Katelee and I pulled out all our Valentine's Day decorations on Tuesday, and we were disappointed to remember how few Valentine's Day decorations we actually owned. So, thanks to inspiration from Pinterest (my newest addiction), we decided to make more decorations! We pulled out the paper and cricut, and made this sweet little flag banner together. We love it!

We also got creative with pipe cleaners, and made these heart chains together.
Super cheap, easy and cute!
Now our house feels ready for Valentine's Day! ;)

Speaking of Pinterest ideas and romance, I made this cake for Gerald for our 10th anniversary last week, based off a cake I saw on Pinterest. I think it's so sweet and romantic.
I am grateful I have had a bit of a creative outlet lately. It's a small break from daily life and it has brought me joy and satisfaction - little and insignificant as these things are. These experiences remind me of one of my favorite talks by President Uchtdorf. In it he says:

The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.

Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.

Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty.

Yay for creativity. Now I'm off to create a clean kitchen. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment