Sunday, April 22, 2012

Baby Shower

This post is about five months late, but better late than never, right?

Shortly after Blake was born, my visiting teacher gave me a baby shower.  We invited all my friends from the ward.  It was the most overwhelming beautiful, amazing, supportive baby shower ever!  I have an amazing ward, but I still completely stunned at the generosity.  The shower was open-house-style, the decorations were gorgeous, the food delicious, and tons of people came.  And the gifts!  It took me over an hour just to open all the gifts.  Sadly, I forgot to take my camera to the event, but after getting home we laid out all our gifts and I just basked in the love I felt.   

 My family members were also incredibly generous.  My Thurston cousins sent me a 'Baby Shower in a Box.'   My aunt sent me a new stroller.  My siblings all gave me adorable clothes, and Melissa gave me plenty of hand-me-downs.

And many of our friends outside of Colorado sent beautiful and thoughtful gifts: crocheted blankets, hooded bath towels, boxes of hand-me-down clothes, and more.


Just to explain how incredibly blessed we are, we didn't have to buy a single diaper for Blake until he was 4 1/2 months old, and we still have three boxes of diapers in the next size up when he grows a little more.

I haven't had to buy Blake even one single item of clothing.  I have bought him Christmas jammies and a sweater vest for Easter, but those were just because I wanted to, not because he actually needed anything.  And I have a full box of clothes in every size until he is over a year old.

And one sweet woman gave us a changing table/dresser to use that has been so handy.
I feel so blessed and so loved, and I wanted to remember always how much that meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment