Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference & April Fool's!

We have enjoyed a wonderful weekend.

It's always a great weekend when we get to listen to the prophet and apostles speak at General Conference. Katelee is getting better and better at listening to conference, and took in quite a bit of what was said this time. I loved all the talks, and had a few special ones that really touched my heart. I love the sweet spirit that fills our home during conference and this special bonding time we have as a family. It was Blake's first general conference! Six months ago during general conference I was listening to the talks with a heart full of worry about whether Aurianna and Jake might choose us as the parents for their baby and how to feel about the whole situation; and here we are 6 months later, and we can hardly remember life without Blake. He is such a priceless part of our family, and we love him so much!
The two charming men of my life.
Look at Blake trying to help hold his bottle - he loves that!Since today was April Fool's Day, we had a few tricks up our sleeve as well. ;) I told Katelee I threw away all her underwear (and she believed me for a few minutes). And last night, Gerald and I taped all the light switches down and then asked Katelee to turn on the lights this morning - ha ha ha! That was pretty funny. Anyway, I can never pull off anything too elaborate, as I am horrible at lying, so little pranks like taping the light switches down are more up my alley. When my sister called me tonight, I tried to convince her I was pregnant, but I could only last for like 10 seconds (probably less!) before I was saying just kidding, it's just a joke! I just can't pull off a lie, I just can't. :) Katelee is better at that than I am. While we were visiting at a friend's home this evening, Katelee and her friend Kassandra came in the room to tell us that they had broken Kassandra's glass hippo. Katelee kept grinning, which I interpreted to mean that she was somehow responsible for breaking the toy. When Michelle walked into the room, however, the girls yelled "April Fools" together. Ah, they totally got us!My tricky little princess...this picture was actually taken on St. Patrick's Day evening as we enjoyed our homemade 'Shamrock' shakes.
My little cook - whipping up some pudding for her FHE treat last week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment