Saturday, September 10, 2011

Les Miserables

Yesterday, one of my dreams came true!

Since I first learned the story of Les Miserables about 15 years ago, it has been one of my life-long dreams to see the musical live. I own the London Cast "In Concert" VHS, which I used to watch all the time until I no longer owned a working VCR. :) I've read the book twice. I can sing every word with the CD's. I truly believe this is one of the most true pieces of fiction ever written.

So, when we heard Les Mis was coming to town, Gerald was quick to buy tickets. (Tons of good husband points for that one!)

The performance was wonderful. The man who played Valjean was fantastic. I cried my way through pretty much the whole thing. It was everything I had expected it to be. A perfect date!

Gerald and I both really love going to the theater. It can be expensive, but we've resolved to do it more often, as it's something we both truly enjoy doing. Guess what's playing on my next birthday?? Wicked. We can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. That's Awesome, i am so jealous that u will get to see wicked. JD and i both want to see that so bad. We went and saw Les Mis at Tuahcan a few years ago and it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Happy for you, and green with envy. Make that double green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you finally got to do this. Yes, it's expensive, but I'd much rather spend it on a good broadway musical (that's uplifting as well as entertaining) than dinner and a movie. The guy playing Val Jean toured through BYU-I last spring and we were all Wowed by his abilities. What a memorable experience! YES -- see Wicked. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO fun!!! Someday I will see Les Mis in seats that are close to the stage instead of the nosebleeds.
    If you haven't seen Wicked already you will looooooove it. It's my favorite. We miss you soooo muuuuch by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Musical theater is so much fun! I'm glad you got to see your favorite. I just saw "Mary Poppins" at the Capitol Theater in Salt Lake, and it's wonderful! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete