Friday, February 20, 2009

Things I'm Grateful for Today

  • A husband who will cheerfully stop and pick up the mushrooms for dinner on his way home from work when I forgot to buy them at the store this morning.
  • You Tube - I TOTALLY figured out my fondant dilemma by watching about an hour's worth of demonstrations on You Tube.  I even found answers to questions I didn't know I had.  If you are interested in learning how to use fondant, I recommend You Tube as a tutor.
  • Vick's Vapor Rub - Katelee has a cold, and I swear the stuff works miracles.
  • Wheaties and orange juice for breakfast this morning.  Ah, that's my comfort food.
  • The sunshine we've been having for the past few days.  It LOOKS like spring outside, even if it doesn't quite feel like it.  It makes me happy.
  • Spring Piano Recitals - My students have been choosing their music for our upcoming piano recital this week, and that is always so much fun!  It's good to have an event to work towards and plan for; we're having a 'costume recital' where each student will wear or bring one thing to represent their song (yes, I completely stole that idea from the Children's Friend), and they seem really excited about the idea.
  • Good news - hooray for my friend who told me she is expecting her first baby!

1 comment:

  1. I love your positive outlook--Don't you ever have downer days?? :) It's very refreshing. Thank you-you're inspiring.

    ReplyDelete