Tuesday, April 5, 2011

8-Week Challenge

Some cousins and friends of mine invited me to take part in a 8-week challenge, to develop healthier habits.

You can do anything for 8 weeks right?

You get one free day each week. There is a possibility to earn 10 points a day, by accomplishing any of the following activities:

1. Get 8 hours of sleep
2. Don't eat sugar
3. Don't eat any white flour foods
4. Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity/exercise
5. Read some kind of uplifting material for 15 minutes (scriptures, magazines, articles, etc.)
6. Drink 8 glasses of water (8 oz glasses)
7. Eat 2 fruits and 2 veggies
8. No eating after 8:30pm
9. Floss once a day
10. Give service to someone outside of your immediate family

I love that the categories are varied enough to help me have a balance in my self-improvement efforts! I didn't do as well as I hoped last week (only 47 points our of a possible 60) but I'm hoping to step it up this week, as there are cash prizes associated with winning! :)

Wish me luck. And don't bring me any treats. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment