Thursday, May 27, 2010

Gardening

Since about March I have really been missing my garden. Seeds and plants began appearing in the stores, and I was so sad that I wasn't planning out my garden, coordinating with neighbors about a truckload of soil, buying seeds, starting my peas... We had a large garden in our old house in Lehi, and it was one of my yearly joys. Someday I'll have a large garden again, but in the meantime, we did plant our own 'apartment-sized' mini garden this year.

We have one large tomato plant, one cherry tomato plant, one strawberry plant, and one pumpkin seed. It's a far cry from my flower garden, large strawberry patch, 8 tomato plants, dozens of pumpkins, and large variety of other foods we used to harvest. But it's still something, and it makes us happy to have them!

Katelee and I enjoyed planting them together, and Katelee is in charge of keeping them watered with her watering can. I've never gardened in containers before, so here's hoping they grow!



No comments:

Post a Comment