Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Milestone!

So, today I delivered my very first for-profit cake!  All of my past cakes have been for fun and practice; I have never made any profit from them.  Last month I posted my cake business on Craigslist, and now have three cake orders.  This Lightning McQueen cake was the first.  It was fun to make, but the real fun came when I delivered the cake.  I felt like the 'Cake Boss' (one of my new favorite shows) - you know the part of the show at the end where he delivers the cake and everyone goes nuts over how amazing it is?  Yeah, even though my cakes are nowhere near as ridiculously amazing as the Cake Boss', it was fun to deliver this cake today to the birthday boy and his family getting ready for the big party.  They all loved it so much, and the little boy just grinned and grinned and grinned as he stared at the cake.  It made my day.



And I never appreciate before how cute of a character Lightning McQueen is.  He was so fun to make!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah You! I am so happy for you and it is a darling cake! Congrats!!!


    ps miss you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks AWESOME!! I'm glad you are getting some business, cause you are talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! btw, I've been bragging about your to all my friends. "She moved to this brand new town, didn't know anyone, she already has 13 piano students and cake orders, and she's this amazing mom, and I want to be just like her when I grow up."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! It looks amazing!! I hope business keeps coming! You do such a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for making money doing something you love! It looks AWESOME! Keep it up and you'll get lots more biz for sure! You do such cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH!!!! HOW DID YOU DO IT? GAVIN LOVES LIGHTNING MCQUEEN!!!!!!! His birthday's in november! can i copy you? {is it too advanced for me w/out your help. be honest}.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Lucas would seriously just die of excitement for that cake! He probably wouldn't share one bite. :) Congrats

    ReplyDelete