Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Potty and Pumpkins

Katelee has been potty-trained during the daytime since last January, but I haven't really pushed the nighttime potty training.  She is such a long and deep sleeper, and frankly, I didn't want to mess with that.  But about a month ago I forgot to put a diaper on her at nighttime.  And she woke up dry!  So we have experimented a little lately with no diapers at nighttime, with mixed success.  For awhile, it was about a 50% chance that her bedding would be dry in the morning.  (Are you kidding?  I can't even keep up with the usual laundry!)  But, the last two nights she has woken in the middle of the night and gone into the bathroom on her own.  I am so thrilled!  Hooray!

Also, I finished making those little pumpkins I mentioned in a previous post, and they were so fun!  I love them; they make me smile.  Here's a picture of how they look:Fall is definitely in the air here in Denver today.  It's chilly and overcast and promising rain, and I love it! 

6 comments:

  1. they look cute! I'm always impressed with the amount of stuff you seem to get done--I wish I were more like that. So, I'm potty training Tyler right now (for real this time) and it's been the easiest potty training in the history of man. And I don't think I'm going to mess with nighttime soon either. So good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute!! So how did you make them? I would love to make some for our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute I wish I was ambitious enough to do that. Horray for Katelee, Brig is still wet most night so I know how exciting it is for them to be dry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I saw these on Ucreate and thought i might give 'em a go as well. Yours turned out super cute. I especially like the dark brown and green ones. Kinda funny, but on another craft blog, I saw a small waterproff sheet wrap that you put on night time potty training beds. I'll have to see if I can find it again and send you the link. But, maybe you don't need it if things continue to "go" well. Get it "go"? Oh, I crack myself up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pumpkins, they're stinkin cute.
    I hope when my kids are older I can do fun things with them, like make pumpkins and "bird" seed feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, your talent is endless! I'm so jealous. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete