Friday, April 23, 2010

Best Moment of the Day

Katelee has this
sweet, tender
moment,
right before she falls asleep.

If you happen to be nearby,
when her eyelids are drooping and she's almost out,
and you catch her eye,
and smile,
she'll give you the most
beautiful
charming
beaming
loving
smile
in return.

No matter what mood she was in just a few minutes earlier.

I love this particular
smile,
because it's both
sleepy and stunning
at the same time.

I can't get enough of it.

Last night I kept her awake
an extra
five or ten minutes
just because I couldn't resist
smiling at her again
once
or twice
every minute.

Her sleepy smile took my breath away.

It's a small window - the time when I can elicit that smile.
I don't always catch it.

But when I do
it's one of the best
moments
of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment