Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring in my Step

I tried to be in a bad mood today.

I woke up feeling grumpy, with a nasty UTI and worries about some frustrating news we received yesterday still swirling in my head.

But despite my worries, the doctor's visit that I had to add my to-do list, and Katelee's morning crankiness, I simply couldn't be in a bad mood.

Spring wouldn't let me.

Instead, Spring took one look at me and gave me a sharp slap across the face (in the form of a chilly breeze). And Spring told me, Look!

The sky was the most extraordinarily shade of blue.

The tulips in the grocery store were bursting with color. (Katelee and I debated about which color was the best and settled on red.)
Look! Spring said to me. And Remember.

It's Easter. Our Savior lives. It's General Conference weekend, which means we get to listen to living prophets. There is so much to be grateful for.

And I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment