Friday, April 16, 2010

Climbing Trees

Yesterday Katelee was playing behind our apartment with some friends, with our patio door open. I was listening to the sounds of their playing, and went out to check on Katelee. I couldn't see her, and when I shouted for her, she responded, "Mom, come look! I'm climbing a tree!" I couldn't decide whether this was a good thing or not, but I did grab my camera on my way out the door. When I got outside, this is what I saw:
She really is quite high, for her first time ever climbing a tree. Her feet were above my head, anyway.
A close-up on her way back down.
I soon realized that Katelee is a climbing pro. She did really well and thought climbing trees was the new best thing ever! Pine trees are really quite good for climbing.
Drat all those low, sturdy branches that make it easy for kids to climb up!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how well such a little person can climb! By any chance, does she also like super high slides, like my little monkeys do?

    ReplyDelete