Sunday, June 6, 2010

At the Temple

The other night Gerald was needed to help the youth do baptisms for the dead at the temple. Since Katelee and I hadn't seen him all day, and because it was a beautiful evening, we decided to go along and wait on the temple grounds for Gerald.

We had a very peaceful and bonding time.
Katelee wanted to smell every flower her little nose could reach:

And we lay on the grass and stared at the sky and the Angle Moroni. We talked about the temple and the spirit we could feel.
We walked around the fountain and ran our hands through the water.
We laughed.
Katelee and I had a sweet conversation about who she wanted to marry someday.
I told her to marry someone who loves Heavenly Father very much.

She responded, "Oh! I'll marry Joseph Smith!"

Which made me laugh. Then I explained further. She agreed that she will marry someone who loves Heavenly Father as long as she can still be a fix-it-man when she grows up.

I told her she can be anything she wants to be.

Dear Katelee, You are so dedicated to what you want, so intelligent, so beautiful inside and out, that I know you can truly become whatever you want to be and the amazing woman Heavenly Father has in mind for you. I'm so blessed to be your mother.

I love you!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! It looks like you two had a wonderful time at the temple! What a perfect place to bond and enjoy each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! What a special evening this must have been for you two! And....I love that Temple-its the temple I got to attend on my mission!

    ReplyDelete