Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Gerald is a great dad. Katelee has had fun today trying to make his day special. She made him a special card and present, and helped me make french toast, eggs and bacon for breakfast. She also sang to daddy in sacrament meeting today and made him cry. She colored a special picture for daddy today during church, and had me write this note on the picture:

Dear Daddy, I love you so much. You are my best pal. You are the bestest daddy ever and I love you so much because you are great. Love, Katelee
I have one quick story to add that sums up what kind of dad Gerald is. The other day he promised to play with Katelee until bedtime. Gerald is good at doing whatever Katelee wants to do. Well, instead of their usual rowdy playtime, Katelee really wanted Gerald to paint her fingernails. At first he tried to talk her out of it, and said to me, "I don't know how to paint girl fingernails!" But I reminded him that if he could build and paint small models, he could paint fingernails. And without another word of argument, he sweetly painted Katelee's nails. She ordered alternating pink and purple. I couldn't resist taking pictures. Katelee beamed the whole time. She knows without a doubt that her dad loves her, and that he would do anything to keep her safe and happy.

And that is why Gerald is an amazing dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment