Monday, June 21, 2010

A Tribute to my Dad

I know this is a day late, but I really wanted to mention my dad this Father's Day. My dad is an amazing dad, and though I've always thought my dad was the best dad in the world, I appreciate him even more and more as I get older. Here are a few things about my dad that I love:
  • He is slow to anger, and I've never heard him raise his voice to me or my siblings.
  • Spending time with his kids and family has always been a top priority to my dad. We did a lot of fun things together when I was growing up, including long vacations. My dad came to all our events or performances. I remember feeling a little sad for other friends whose dads weren't around as much as mine, because I always knew I could count on my dad to be there.
  • He likes to have fun, and we did a lot of camping and traveling and seeing new places while I was growing up.
  • He doesn't complain. If you know anything about this past year of my dad's life, you know that it has been a tough year. The kidney disease, the surgery, the illness . . . my dad doesn't complain. He accepts things as they are and deals with them and doesn't waste time asking 'why.'
  • He's a hard worker, and taught us to work hard also.
  • He loves his grandchildren, and does so much to make them happy. When my parents were here in Denver, they spoiled Katelee like crazy. While walking through the mall one day, my dad saw a SuperMario t-shirt. He knew my nephew would love it, and so he bought it and sent it to him. My dad is very thoughtful that way, always doing little things to show his kids and grandkids how much he loves them and that he is thinking of them. And did I mention that he is taking Katelee and us to Disneyland this summer?!?
  • He has a testimony of the gospel and lives a Christ-like life.
I love you, Dad. There is so much more I could say, but I want you to know that you really are the best dad a girl could ever ask for.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

2 comments:

  1. Disneyland!?!?! Awesome!!! If you haven't seen it already, check this out
    http://mingmakescupcakes.yolasite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might add that he's a really wonderful father-in-law to me. He (and his wife) raised a very beautiful and amazing daughter who I love so much! I've never felt uncomfortable around them and they are the best in-laws ever!

    ReplyDelete