Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cereal for Lunch?

I love cereal. I really do. It's probably one of my top 5 favorite things to eat. But having all those carbs first thing in the morning is not suggested by my doctor.

And I hate lunchtime. I really do. I'm not really sandwich person. I will eat a sandwich, but I will not enjoy it. I struggle most days with what to make for lunch. Lunch is not a meal that I generally enjoy.

Until I had the brilliant idea that I would make a breakfast everyday and we would eat cereal for lunch! I think this is the perfect solution! I now look forward to lunch. It's almost zero work and zero clean up. Katelee and I both love cereal. But we're not eating it first thing in the morning. So, for a couple of weeks now, we have cereal for lunch as long as we didn't have it for breakfast. I think it's great!

What about you? What do you eat for lunch? (I need ideas, people!) Do you love cereal like we do? Do you eat cereal other times of day, or is it a breakfast-only food for you?

7 comments:

  1. I hate making lunch, too! We often have breakfast food for lunch (waffles or breakfast burritos) or else we have something pre-packaged with way too much sodium (Campbells soup, anyone?). I need ideas, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE cereal! Especially the ones that aren't so good for you...lucky charms...cocoa puffs...trix...you get the picture. I'll reward myself with a small bowl of the not so good one after eating a bowl of the better for you kind. I've also tried eating a bowl of sweet cereal instead of dessert, but this doesn't work very often. I don't have much willpower when it comes to dessert. As far as lunch goes, we'll do sandwiches, yogurt, quesadillas or leftovers. We have too many cereal eaters in the morning to do it for lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cereal too. We like to eat it for a snack before bed around here. We are very unhealthy lunch eaters though. Unfortunately we eat out at fast food way too often for lunch. We do like some leftovers for lunch depending on what it is. Sorry this is not a very helpful comment. I will be checking back to see if anyone else gave you any better ideas though

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate lunch too! Glad it's not just me. Kariah typically eats an assortment of cheese, some kind of fruit, and yogurt. I like to eat the Healthy choice frozen meals. no prep, little clean up, they taste decent and they are cheaper than what I spend eating out, which for some reason is like $6 just for me! But your idea is fabulous, cereal is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have cereal all the time. Sometimes that is what we have for dinner, especially during the summer when it is too hot to cook:) Some things that my girls like to have for lunch are PB& J, Mac & Cheese, Spaghetti-O's, Tunafish (we eat it on club crackers instead of bread), homemade lunchables, or muffin tin meals. They love these meals. We use 2 6 cup muffin tins instead of 1 12 cup tin. It makes it easier. http://sycamorestirrings.blogspot.com/2008/07/muffin-tin-monday_28.html

    ReplyDelete