Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Service for the Ronald McDonald House

Okay, so I wanted to record the amazing experience I recently had with service for the Ronald McDonald House. Our Relief Society chose this organization for our annual community service project.

First, we met one evening and made 10 flannel baby/child blankets.
And 12 burlap & felt tic-tac-toe games for the children to play with.
Then, a couple of weeks later we met once again to travel to the Ronald McDonald house and serve dinner to those families staying there. We delivered the things we had made while we were there.

I was feeling exhausted before it was even time to leave for the Ronald McDonald house, and was secretly wishing I could just relax and go to bed early. But after going I was so grateful for the blessing this experience was! It was an amazing experience, and one that left me profoundly thankful for my many blessings and for the sincere and sweet people I met who are going through extremely difficult things.

The experience was so inspiring, in fact, that I can't wait to go again and take my family! I'm organizing a trip for my family and friends to attend on October 9 and serve dinner: a soup and bread bar.

Do you live in the area and want to join us? Let me know! Or do you have a Ronald McDonald House near where you live? What a great opportunity to teach your children about service and about how profoundly blessed they are to be healthy.

1 comment:

  1. My dad is a member of the board for RMHC Denver. Thanks for doing this, it's an amazing charity.

    ReplyDelete