Sunday, September 5, 2010

An Afternoon in the Park

A week or so ago we had a free Saturday afternoon, so we decided to spend the afternoon at the park. We go to the park often, but this turned into a marathon park day. I think we were there for over four hours. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was wonderful!

We went to our favorite park, which has a splash area, a wading pool, a great playground, and also happens to be right next to the library.

First we enjoyed our picnic lunch.



There happened to be a European festival going on at this park that afternoon, so we walked around and browsed the booths. We watched some dancing and enjoyed the music. Gerald gave Katelee a little money to spend as she chose, and she decided to spend it to by going on the blow-up slides!


We relaxed, played at the playground, spent a little time in the library, and overall enjoyed a great afternoon together!

Hooray for empty Saturday afternoons.
That doesn't happen very often, but it's soooooo nice when it does.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jen. I hope you get this message.
    First-I have to say the wedding cake you made
    is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    And then I want to respond to your question about dieting.
    I have always struggled with my weight.
    When my sister told me about the south beach diet, I was very hesitant but excited when she explained how it worked.

    I'm not sure if you know-but we both have PCOS--and I think you do too?
    Well. Before I started the diet, I did research too. {The title "South Beach Diet reminded me of some hollywood-lose weight scheme...but the more I learned about it-the more I felt it was right for me.

    I suggest checking out the books at the Library. There are two I would suggest. I don't have the exact book titles with me now-but one is just the South Beach Diet book and the other is a smaller book that tells you more about what you can eat and ideas for meals.

    One thing I learned-is that the SBD was originally designed for people with heart disease, but have later discovered it's for women with PCOS. I love it-because once I got into it, I could tell my body was really responding to it. I was losing weight. I could eat food-and I knew what I could eat and what would help my body...it becomes more of a lifestyle really--and so I started for the first time ever having regular periods, and to a healthy weight...I'm pretty sure that's how I shockingly got pregnant this time.

    Anyways. I could talk forever about this--but if you ever have questions, please call or write me.

    ReplyDelete