Sunday, September 26, 2010

Musical Moments

Our home is usually filled with music, but the past few weeks our home has been overflowing with music. A few weeks ago Gerald was asked to sing a solo in church. He sang "Where Can I Turn For Peace," and I accompanied him. It was a beautiful arrangement, and Gerald sounded great. Then, I played a piano solo today in church: "We Thank Thee, Oh God, For a Prophet.

In addition, my many piano students have been preparing for our fall piano recital, and Katelee and I have been preparing our songs, too. We had our recital this past Friday night. It turned out really well! The theme was "Music from the Movies" and the students played songs from movies that ranged from Star Wars to The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins to Disney cartoons, SpongeBob to The Phantom of the Opera. It was a great night of music. Katelee played "Winnie the Pooh" and I played one of my favorites: "The Theme from Schindler's List."

Katelee truly cracks us up with how much she LOVES the spotlight. Lately she has been telling us that when she grows up "she wants to be in shows on the stage." She would be great at it! She loves being on stage and basks in all the attention. She was so busy watching the audience while she was performing at the recital - it was hilarious! Here is the video clip of her recital song:



One of my piano student moms took this picture and sent it to me. She is so talented! I love how artistic this picture is.

And here is my song from the piano recital, if you're interested. Mostly, this is for you, mom and dad. ;)




Oh, and one more musical moment that just has to be shared. When Katelee takes her nightly shower, she loves to sing at the top of her lungs. She makes up her own songs, and they are usually hysterically funny! One night I couldn't resist getting a bit of it on tape, unbeknown to Katelee. The last little bit is my favorite part. ;) (And please, don't judge me for my messy counters: I took this video when we were still unpacking and moving in.)


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad your recital went well, Katelee's song was sooo cute. That picture your friend took of you is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know why more songs aren't written about peeing in the toilet and wiping our bums. I think Katelee is on to something there! I cannot believe how grown up she is. I'm glad your recital went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was..........AWESOME! I am so glad you shared that! What a great singer and song writer! :)

    ReplyDelete