Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grandpa's Funeral

My grandpa's funeral was held yesterday, Monday, June 8.  My siblings all came for the funeral on Saturday.  It was absolutely wonderful to have my entire family together at my house.  We had a lot of fun!

Bonk!  'I've fallen and I can't get up!'
Madi is grandpa's girl.
Can't you just hear the Mario Nintendo music playing?  
Do, do, dooo, do, do, doo, do, doooo...
Duck hunting . . .
I seriously have the cutest parents ever.

Sleep-overs with cousins is the best thing in the world.
The viewing Sunday evening and the funeral on Monday were beautiful.  I think grandpa would have loved everything just as it was.  The cemetery is also very beautiful, though it was a little chilly yesterday.  Katelee needed daddy's jacket.

My mom with her siblings...
and their spouses.

'I don't eat ham, I don't eat funeral potatoes, I don't eat salad . . . but I eat CAKE!'
My mom, her siblings, and some of their first cousins.
Grandma Kaye with her children and grandchildren.
All of us . . . at least those of us who hadn't left yet.  ;)
Last night after my family had left to travel home, someone needed to come and see our house.  So we drove back up to Sandy to see my Grandma.  
Lots of family were still around and we played outside and visited until it was too dark to see anymore.  What a tender weekend, full of memories I will cherish.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks J-Bird and Gerald for the use of your home and making our week....Love Ya we going to miss our motel in utah..hope to make the one in colorado now and then. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete