Saturday, June 27, 2009

Our Latest Thrill

You know how kids are when they suddenly discover something new in the world, and they become slightly obsessed with that new discovery?  Katelee did that when she first learned to pull herself up and stand on her own two wobbly legs.  She was so thrilled with her new talent that whenever I would lay her in her crib, she would immediately pull herself up into a standing position.  The only problem with that was that she couldn't get back down by herself.  Nap times were interesting for a little while. 
She became a little obsessive again when she first learned to crawl and walk, amongst other things.  It is exciting as a parent to be able to share in all of Katelee's new discoveries.  It makes old things truly feel fresh and wonderful again.
This week Katelee made a new discovery.  She learned how to take pictures with our digital camera.  I know - it's not a huge developmental step, such as standing or crawling.  But she is obsessed.  She asks me every day all day long if she can take pictures.  If only her new talent didn't involve carrying around a very important and very expensive part of our lives...  But I have still let her take pictures a few times while supervised.  I was shocked today when I downloaded the pictures to the computer to find that Katelee had indeed taken 154 pictures!  Wow.  Maybe we'll be asking Santa for a kid digital camera for Christmas, do you think?
Anyway, as you might expect, of the 154 pictures, most of them were only worthy of the trash bin.  (Wow!  ANOTHER picture of the carpet.  Brilliant!)  But I kept some for fun.  I really like all her 'self portrait' pictures that shoot straight up the nose.  Here are just a few for your personal enjoyment.


Hey, and this shot's not bad...

Oh, Katelee, I sincerely hope with all my heart that you never lose your enthusiasm for the new things in life.  Thanks for reminding me to find joy and excitement in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment