Thursday, November 4, 2010

Primary Program

Last Sunday was Katelee's first primary program!
She did a great job on saying her line loud and clear. Her line was:

I can show love for Jesus Christ by sharing and playing nicely.
I've always loved watching the annual primary program, but it's not nearly so funny when it's your child up there. Honestly, it kind of stressed me out! Especially because Katelee kept doing all those things that are probably funny to others but horrifying when you're the parent. She spent a lot of time with her finger up her nose or in other kids' sides. She was purposefully being a tease to those around her and making them laugh or whine. And when it was time to sing, instead of singing the songs (which I know she knows!) she would instead put her fingers in her ears and puff out her cheeks like she was plugging her ears and holding her breath. What a stinker! Every time I would catch her eye, and try to get her to stop it, she'd get a mischievous little grin that meant she knew I was too far away to do anything about it. Finally I motioned for her to come to me, and she did, and stayed down with us for the last 10 minutes or so of the program. Anyway, I expect the relaxing days of giggling at other people's children during the primary program are over, at least for awhile. Sigh.

But like I said, she did a GREAT job on her line!
And she looked cute. :)
(Gerald has many, many talents, but taking a picture that is in-focus is not one of them. Ever. Seriously. So sorry about the blurry pics - I was at a meeting and Gerald was in charge of the picture-taking. Love you, babe!)

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful! Glad to hear that the program went well. :)

    ReplyDelete