Monday, November 8, 2010

Tyler & Taylor's Wedding Day

My favorite brother (okay, he's also my only brother) Tyler married his sweetheart, Taylor on Saturday! It was an absolutely beautiful day. Tyler and Taylor are so sweet and so perfect for each other. In the sealing room, Tyler couldn't take his eyes of Taylor. She looked gorgeous! The sealing was made a bit more sentimental to me in the fact that it was held in the same room Gerald and I were married in almost 9 years ago. In fact, Tyler is the final sibling in my family to get married, and each and every one of us were married in the exact same room in the St. George temple. It's a room off the celestial room where everyone has to wear white, and it's such a special and beautiful place to be married.

I love Gerald so much!
Katelee has a blast playing outside with cousins while we were in the temple.

Katelee and my darling niece (above) and my studly nephew (below).
The grandmas. :)
Coming out of the temple!
My good-looking parents.
My dad has been getting sicker again lately, and unfortunately ended up in the hospital for a day this past week right before the wedding. There were a lot of prayers said on his behalf; everyone loves my dad so much. He was out of the hospital and doing better for the wedding day.
Peek-a-boo!
It was truly the most gorgeous day! We couldn't have ordered better weather.
My handsome brother!
My parents with their children.
Because the cute couple were married in St. George, they had the 'open house' by the groom's family that same night. The wedding reception will be held next week near Taylor's home in Springville. Because it was the actual wedding day, my parents wanted to make the open house a bit more special than usual. In fact, it really was a full-blown reception. :) My parents have always given all of us kids beautiful weddings; they are so sweet and generous and really want things to be nice. The open house was held in my parents' backyard. It turned out simply exquisite. My mom did a great job of planning out the decorations. Everything look romantic and perfect.

The wedding cake.
(Yes, I did make it!)

Two little princesses. Grandma bought the girls these gorgeous cinderella dresses for the wedding! They felt like princesses in them.
And Wyatt looked so handsome, too, though he did not appreciate being called a prince. :)


The pretty dessert table. Cupcakes were served. Brittany and I decorated the rose frosting on the top of each cupcake.
As the sun set, we turned out strings of white lights, little candle lanterns hanging in the trees, and these darling paper lanterns hanging above the tables. It was the coolest effect - absolutely beautiful!
The kids spent a great deal of the reception time hanging out on the porch swing. :)
Cutting the cake.
And this is when my camera died. :)

What a beautiful day!
Now all my siblings are married and so are Gerald's. In a way, it's nice to know that we are all married to wonderful people and settled down. But I do love me a wedding! I'm a little disappointed we won't have any more of those to help with in the near future.

A note to Tyler & Taylor Thurston

Tyler and Taylor,

We love you both so much! You are such a beautiful couple. We feel like Taylor is already a natural part of our family, and feel so blessed to add her as our sister. Your wedding day was so special; everything was ideal and simply perfect. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. We are sure you have many wonderful things to look forward to and experience together, and we are excited for you and feel blessed to be a part of your lives. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could have been there. The cake is fabulous! I can't believe you made that! It just looks to perfect to be real. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete