Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Crafting

I've tackled a couple of fun projects in preparation for Thanksgiving this year. First of all, I've wanted to make some Christmas place mats for a couple of years, but haven't gotten around to it. When we decided to host a Thanksgiving dinner here at our home, I decided it would be fun to finally get to those placemats and make Thanksgiving ones instead of Christmas. While at the craft store buying the supplies, inspiration struck and I came up with a great idea.
I chose a fall fabric that I loved, and then I chose a Christmas fabric that had a complimentary color, so the edging would match both fabrics. Then I put the fall fabric on one side and the Christmas fabric on the other:
So now I have my Christmas placemats, and my Thanksgiving placemats, too, all in one! Fun!
These were really easy to make and cost me about $2 each.

Also, Katelee and I decided to make some cute place holders / nut & candy cups to put at each person's place for our Thanksgiving dinner. We had so much fun making these darling turkeys together.
We made a small army of them for all our guests. We think they are going to look so cute on the Thanksgiving table!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea!! And I love the turkeys, they are cute. Sounds like you'll have a fun thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing!! Those are so cute. Could you come live by me??? I am so excited to see you in a few weeks. You really are amazing though!!!

    ReplyDelete