Friday, December 4, 2009

AWESOME WEBSITE!

Do you know about this website?


It is my new favorite website, and I highly recommend it to everyone!

My doctor told me about it last week, when we were discussing my futile, frustrating attempts to lose weight.  I told her that the only thing that worked for me in the past was Weight Watchers, but that I couldn't afford it any longer.  She said that as a doctor, she agrees that WW is one of the most effective programs, for two reasons.  The first reason is that WW helps you track exactly what you've eaten every day.  Then she told me about this FREE website, that does the same things as WW.  I've checked it out, and it's true!  My WW website helped me track my 'points' and my exercising and helped me make better food choices and 'budget' my calories.  This website does exactly the same thing, in almost the same format, except that is uses calories instead of points, which I actually find significantly more helpful.  I love it!

The second reason WW is generally effective is the support group.  I've never been to a WW support group (I only did the online program), but there is truth to the fact that there is more motivation when you have to report to someone.  This website offers you email support groups if you want to use them (you can opt not to), but I also decided that I will post here on my blog general updates on my progress every couple of weeks.  I think this will help motivate me to do better!  

Anyone want to lose weight with me?

Anyway, check out the website if you're interested.  Did I mention it's free?  And very easy to use.  It has programs for helping you lose weight, or programs if you just want to exercise more or eat better and live a healthier lifestyle.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I am in!! I have four babies to loose weight from!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to join! Can I do it while i am nursing?

    ReplyDelete