Thursday, December 10, 2009

More dress-ups

I have had so much fun this year getting together some dress-ups for Katelee for Christmas. Craigslist has been my friend here in Denver and I have been able to purchase gently used princess dresses (Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Barbie Princess, and Tinkerbell) at a fraction of a cost.  Best deal: Sleeping Beauty for $2.50!  I spent the most on Belle for $7.  Gotta love Craigslist!  Many of them are the Disney store version, so I am thrilled about that!   I bought them from clean, pet-free/smoke-free homes, brought them home and washed them well, mended a small tear in one of them, and ta-da!  
They look great and Katelee will never know they were used.  

And I made a few things, including this wedding veil headband: 
(Sorry if this picture is hard to see)

and another ballerina tu-tu.
I tried using the ribbon differently with this tu-tu, and am happy with the way it turned out.
I am excited for Katelee to open her gift Christmas morning; she is such a dress-up girl that I hope these things keep her busy for a long time!

1 comment:

  1. I love the dressups, they are fabulous! and I'm sorry that you have been dealing with FREAKING cold weather!

    ReplyDelete