Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hair It Is...

...the final installment of our 30 days of hair!

I must admit, part of me is sad to have this over. It has been so much fun for Katelee and I to plan and do together. I am glad we did this! It meant a lot to Katelee - she told everyone in the world about it. :) I am definitely out of my hair-doing rut! I feel like I have a million more hairstyles I want to try and variations on the old ones now. I realize there are lots of resources out there, and that doing cute hair doesn't have to take a long time or a lot of skill. :) The blog I used most this week was SheDoesHair.blogspot.com. A great place to look for creative, everyday hairstyles.

But part of me is relived to have this done, as well. Even though I love doing Katelee's hair, it has taken some energy to do something new and unique each day. Tomorrow - ponytail!! Hooray! :)

I decided it was faster to put a link to the tutorial rather than try to explain how I did each hairstyle. Plus, their tutorials are better for me to use when I want to review.

Day 30
Twisty Crown

This is another hairdo that I think looks gorgeous but only took 5 minutes to do! I found a tutorial, but altered it so it only took in the top half of her hair. I curled the bottom half with soft curls. Beautiful and fast! Tutorial here.



























Day 29
Heart piggytails

This is hands-down Katelee's favorite style, because it is fast (less than 10 minutes) and it includes HEARTS! This would look even better with ringlets in the end, but I only had 10 minutes to work with today. We received TONS of comments - Katelee loved it!
Tutorial here.


























Day 28
Loop-de-loops

LOVE this hairstyle - and it only takes about 5 minutes! Easy and cute! Tutorial here.




























Day 27
3 ponytails on a slanted part

Katelee had some leftover curls from yesterday's hairdo that I couldn't stand to get rid of yet. So I did this quick and easy hairdo. Fast, easy, cute, and a bit different from the norm. Tutorial here.
























Day 26
Basketweave

This is the sweetest hairstyle ever! It's not hard to do, but it is time consuming. It's worth the time, in mine and Katelee's opinion. This was for church, and she must have gotten about a million compliments. So, if you have a sweet daughter, a large craft needle and some time on your hands, this hairstyle is a must try! It looks SO cool! Tutorial here.







































Day 25
Side twists into a half-flipped ponytail.

Part the hair. Twist each side down, gathering pieces of hair from the bottom as you go. Secure both twists in a ponytail. At this point, you could just flip the ponytail all the way through and leave it hanging down, but I chose to flip it only halfway through and fluff the ends. This is pretty easy, but if you want a tutorial you can find it here.




























Day 24
Four twist-throughs on top, diagonal

Tutorial found here.



























Day 23
Lattice piggytails into braids

This is NOT my favorite hairstyle. It was definitely an experiment. I love the look of lattice piggytails, and I saw on one blog how someone did the lattice piggytails upside down so that the ponytails ended up on top of the head instead of on the bottom. I decided to give it a try, but the piggytails ended up too much on the very top of Katelee's head, making her look like a ridiculous bug. :) So I braided the piggytails and tucked them under the 'lattice' to make them go back down her head. It's an interesting look, to say the least. :) If you want the tutorial for lattice piggytails, you can click here.




























Day 22
Princess Hair Net

I don't know what to call this hairstyle, but Katelee and I decided to call it the princess hair net. Ha ha ha! You can find the tutorial here.



2 comments:

  1. WOW! You did such a great job posting and changing her hairstyle everyday! I sometimes wish I had a daughter to try some of these styles on! My boys hair isn't quite long enough!! There are some pretty creative ideas for hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved looking at all these pictures. Alexis hates having her hair done, but I might show her a few of these to see if she likes any and then give them a shot. Her hair isn't as long as Katelee's, though, so hopefully it'll still work.

    ReplyDelete