Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hairy Thoughts

Katelee and I have continued our adventures with hair. We continue to have fun experimenting and trying out new things. Here are a few of our recent favorites that I want to record for easy access in the future.

Corkscrew braids back into braid bun with curls. Tutorial for corkscrew braids found here. Tutorial for braid bun with curls found here. I love this bun! It's so elegant and pretty, but only takes about 5 minutes.

Loopy Braids
Triple flipped ponytail.
I tried to do plain corkscrew piggytails this day, but Katelee really wanted them made into 'butterfly wings.' I think they turned out cute! For a tutorial on doing a basic corkscrew braid, click here.
Woven ribbon and braid headband.
(better pictures, maybe, on our Father's Day post)
CrissCross Braids
We did this hair-do for a long day at the pool to keep Katelee's hair back and out of the way.
Hair wrapped ponytail - without bobby pins!
Love it! This takes five minutes. I do not use the topsy turvy tool they use on the website, I just use a $1 plastic craft needle, as shown in the video clip on the tutorial. Tutorial here.

No comments:

Post a Comment