Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Hairy Situation - Hairdo's Week 3

Day 21
Piggytails with combo braid/twist between.

This is a fast, easy way to spice up regular piggytails. I pulled her hair into two piggytails. Then I braided small piece of hair from the left piggy tail and pulled it across into the right piggytail. Then I took an even smaller piece of hair from the right piggy tail, twisted it, and twisted it around the braid and secured it in the left piggy tail. Curl the ends and you're done!































Day 20
"French" fishtail braid.

I've done fishtail braids before, and I really like the way they look, but I've always done the fishtail from a ponytail. Today I experimented with the 'french braid' look, using the fishtail. I kinda made it up as I went, but I really like how it turned out!



























Day 19
Three knots into corkscrew buns.

First, I started by putting three knots on the top center of Katelee's head. Then I pulled all the hair two piggytails. I was going to leave it like that, but Katelee wanted me to put corkscrew braids in each piggytail. Then she wanted me to 'knot' them, too, so I tied each one in a knot. This created a bun look with a little tail that we curled. We added ribbons and viola! A fun new hairstyle! Tutorial for knots found here.








































Day 18
Headband french braid into side braid.

I parted off a section on top of Katelee's head and french braided it to the side, leaving a little side braid. I just curled her naturally wavy hair under and left the rest down - beautiful! Someday soon I've got to try this headband french braid into a rosette found here.



























Day 17
"Star Bun"

We have nicknamed this hairstyle the 'star bun,' because it does kinda make her head look like a star. Pull the hair into a ponytail, leaving about 1 1/2" of hair out all the way around the head. Section off the hair that was left out and secure into little ponytails. Taking half of the hair from one ponytail, and half from the other, do corkscrew braids all the way around the head and secure into the ponytail in the middle. Twist the ponytail hair into a bun.



























Day 16
Looped Braid Piggytails

This is fast and easy, but might be one of my very favorite hairstyles ever! Part the hair (I did a zigzag part) and pull up into two piggy tails. Braid each piggy tail. Take the end of the braid and tuck into the piggy tail elastic. Curl the ends. Add bows. Cute!





















Day 15
Barbie Bangs with Twists

The website we found this hairdo on called it Barbie bangs - ha ha ha! Katelee loves the name. I just sectioned off a large piece of the front of her hair and smoothed down. Part on the side and secure the ends underneath the hair with a small pony in the back. I kept a small part of each side out and twisted it into little curlicues and also secured these in the back underneath the rest of the hair. I added a little gel and scuinched Katelee's hair up to make it wavy/curly.





















Katelee has been really enjoying our month ' hair.
Almost everyday she does her doll's hair in a new style (or begs me to do it) and then takes pictures. Here are the pictures from this morning's photo shoot. Katelee is so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment