Thursday, June 2, 2011

Katie-isms

Katelee is famous! We attended an adorable Fancy Nancy party at our local library. (More about that later.) A woman was there taking pictures for the newspaper, and took several of Katelee. She kept talking about how adorable Katelee was. :) She ended up using one of Katelee's pictues in her article. The link for the online article is here. Katelee's picture is the third one.

_______

Today Katelee asked for toast. She rarely eats toast, so I asked her how she would like it made. She looked at me with an exasperated expression and exclaimed, "Just the usual, mom!" I tried not to smile as I asked her to clarify what "the usual" was, exactly. She replied, "Cooked, with jam, and just a smidge of butter."

_______

I love the logic of a tired five-year-old. Katelee came to me crying the other day. This is what she said, "I can't eat my oatmeal because I'm hungry but then I'll be too full for my treat and because my toe hurts so BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!"

_______

Since school ended, we've instituted daily afternoon naps around here once again - hallelujah! One day recently I decided not to put Katelee down for her nap. She was acting cheerful and I chose not to take the time. About halfway through my piano lessons, she climbed into my lap and fell asleep! I laid my big girl on the couch about 2 feet away and proceeded to teach three more piano lessons before I had to wake her up. I thought it was pretty funny! I guess she really does need her daily nap.
_______

Katelee really loves to give her toys away. She's doing it (or trying to) all the time. I try to let her, because I'm glad she has such a generous heart, but sometimes I have opinions about what she should be allowed to give away. :) Tonight we were visiting with some friends. Katelee had three Barbies and the dad figurine from her play house. As we were leaving, she was SOOOOOO excited to tell us that she had decided to make a trade with her friends! She gave them four things (the above mentioned toys) for four new things: a blade of grass, a leaf, a stick and a two-inch tall doll from a happy meal. Gerald and I made jokes on the way home about needing to teach her better bartering skills! But the truth is, she is thrilled with her new items and equally thrilled to have made her friends happy. So maybe we are the ones who need to reevaluate the worth of these items.

No comments:

Post a Comment